Is there anyone crossing the finish line of the A to Z Challenge who is not ready for a good long nap? I know I am. It’s been quite a marathon. Or is it 26 consecutive sprints? Whatever it is, I’m exhausted. And exhilarated. Glad that it’s over, really glad I did it, and really, really glad we are not talking Cyrillic alphabet here.
Before I retire, some shout-outs to:
- Claire, who encouraged me to take the Challenge (I will take this up with you privately later, Claire!)
- The Write On Mamas and my two small writing groups, always encouraging, gracious, and generous
- The Challenge hosts and their minions, who put in huge efforts to make it all work
- My family, who accepted very casual dining (not to mention spotty housekeeping and spottier attentiveness) with good cheer
- My fellow bloggers, who provided inspiration and camaraderie
- My readers, who made it all worthwhile
- My commenters, who erased that dreadful feeling of writing into a black hole, and who really keep me going.
Now, to catch some Zzzz’s.
Except that I can’t.
For one thing, there’s all that catch-up from a month of neglect: Bills to pay, correspondence to respond to, laundry to fold, groceries to buy, Facebook to scroll through, the New York Times to read. (On the other hand, in my Challenge-hazed world, Freddie Gray is still alive and Baltimore and Nepal are still standing, so perhaps falling behind has its advantages.)
For another thing, as a post-menopausal woman, I never sleep well, even when I am good about shutting down those electronic devices early and limiting my caffeine consumption. Long-time readers of Shrinkrapped may remember my Holy-Grail-like quest for a new mattress. Alas, third time’s not been the charm.
And finally, how can I possibly sleep when alphabet visions keep dancing through my head? For more than a month my brain has been exploding with letters and corresponding ideas, and I can’t stop obsessing! Whatever happened to L is for Lucky Charm? Or N is for Narcissism? Or R is for Recycling/Repurposing? Or S is for Serendipity? Or W is for Weight Watchers; Writing About One’s Children; Write On Mamas; Wikipedia (where would we be without it)?
WTF! That’s a lot of W’s! Well, there’s always next year!
So thanks, and good night! Sweet dreams . . .
What did you think of the A to Z Blogging Challenge? Any favorites?